Can't find the account you're looking for?
Have you connected your Facebook/Instagram account to TINT? To do this, click on add account in the dropdown on SELECT ACCOUNT.
For Facebook, you will need to sign into Facebook or it will pick up your Facebook account that you are already signed into. You will need to authorize the following:
TINT is requesting to: create and manage content on your Page
Click Continue and the account should appear in the dropdown list.
For Instagram, you need to sign in to Facebook or it will pick up your Facebook account that you are already signed into and ask you to continue, this will come up with:
TINT will receive your name and profile picture. This doesn't let TINT post to Facebook without your permission
By clicking continue, this will authorize it. Then it will say to Connect Instagram and will require you to log in. This will not auto-pick up the account you are signed in to as it needs to verify one of the Instagram accounts that are connected to the Facebook Page(s). Once, you have logged into your Instagram account, it will ask you to authorize the following:
- Which Instagram Business account do you want to use with TINT? Keep them selected or unselect which ones you don't want to use or appear in and click Next.
- What Businesses do you want to use with TINT. Keep them selected or unselect which ones you don't want to use or appear in TINT and click Next
- What Pages do you want to use with TINT? This is all the pages that you want to authorize, select/unselect what pages you want to be visible in TINT and click Next
- What is TINT allowed to do? These should be all switched on as yes (blue switch to the right-hand side). You can change this to no but we might not be able to pick up certain feeds or information if switch any of these off.
Click done and your account will appear in the dropdown.
If you believe that the account is already connected to TINT and you can't see it listed or you receive an error message saying Account Already Exists when click on Add Account, check that you are logged into the correct account and if you are, that you have the correct permissions on your TINT account to see this social account. For more information on this, click here.
I can select my account but I am unable to click anything in the SELECT USERNAME.
There are a few reasons why this could be happening:
To check if you are an admin of the Facebook Page, there are two different ways to see depending on how this was set up originally.
- Click on this link to bring up a list of all the pages that you manage. Here you will be able to see if you have a page role but you need to be admin/page owner for it to link correctly to TINT. If you do not see the page you are looking for, this means that you don't have a role on the page. Ask the page owner or admin to add you to the page you need to use on TINT.
- If the link doesn't work, you will have to switch on the page that you want to check. Click on the profile circle in the right-hand corner and click see all pages if you don't see the page that you need. Click on the page.
- Once you have switched over to the correct page, click on the profile circle again and Click on Settings
- Click on New Page Experience
- They either should be listed under People with Facebook access (which used to be Facebook Admin) or Business account access which would indicate the page owner.
Via Facebook Business Manager
Page Owners or Admin -
- In Business Settings on Facebook Business Manager, click on Account > Pages
- Click on the page you want to see who's admin, either find or search for that person in the list.
How to check that your Instagram account is connected to your Facebook Page:
- Click on this link to bring up a list of all the pages that you manage.
- You will have to switch on the page that you want to check. Click on the profile circle in the right-hand corner and click see all pages if you don't see the page that you need. Click on the page.
- Once you have switched over to the correct page, click on the profile circle again and Click on Settings & Privacy
- Click on Settings
- Click on Linked Accounts.
- Check the details here are connected. If not connected, click on connect account and link the correct Instagram account for this Facebook Page.
For more information on how to connect a Facebook account to Instagram, click here.
When you linked your Facebook to TINT, it automatically puts TINT in your Facebook Business Integrations.
To check everything is setup correctly:
- Click on this link or if this link doesn't take you to the below as per the screenshot, do the following. Make sure that you are on your personal profile and not a page profile. To switch, click on the profile circle in the right-hand corner.
- Click again the dropdown arrow for the profile and click on Settings & Privacy
- Click on Settings
- Click on Security and Login
- Click on Business integrations
- Check that the TINT Business Integration is listed. If not, go to TINT and re-authorize or add the account.
- Click on View and Edit
- Check the list and make sure that all the toggle switches are in blue and that all the pages you want access to are also ticked. If you are managing multiple pages, make sure you are giving permissions in every section.
- Click Save